Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant (Remote)
Note: This role is 100% remote
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant to the team. As the Solutions Consultant at Tulip you will support the sales team by providing engaging product presentations tailored to the specific use cases and needs of prospective clients. Alongside the Account Executive, you will draw on your experience in retail to understand the operational needs of prospective clients, develop a tailored presentation to address these needs, and deliver the demonstration to senior leaders. You will draw on use cases, KPIs and industry trends to bring the product demonstration to life.
What you'll do:
- Creatively develop, build, and/or lead compelling and highly tailored presentations of the Tulip suite of products to prospective customers.
- Understand the associated business challenges and processes of a retail omnichannel selling/buying experience including clienteling, checkout, fulfillment, and scheduling, and be able to translate those into a compelling value proposition.
- Position and present the Tulip value proposition as part of our overall business solution linking benefits back to the key business goals/challenges of the prospect.
- Act as the Tulip product and retail expert in support of our selling efforts.
- Become a trusted advisor internally and externally by providing retail thought leadership and innovative product presentations to customers.
- Provide support and guidance to peers within sales and pre-sales to improve performance and execution of the Tulip selling strategy.
- Support and review the solution and sales approaches of peer team members to improve the success of their engagements.
- Support Tulip’s go-to-market strategies and tactics from a functional and technical solution level within the sales and pre-sales teams.
- Lead strategy, logistics, and execution during events and functions such as Webinars Industry Conferences, workshops, etc.
- Lead and coordinate the effort to define the strategy and completion of preparing written responses to RFP's, RFI's, and prospect inquiries.
- Lead and execute a values analysis and resulting ROI presentation to prospective clients
- Engage with world-class retailers conducting discovery and needs analysis to understand each organization’s business processes and challenges.
- Configure the demo environment based on the business needs of each prospect.
- Drive product innovation by routinely communicating prospect feedback to Retail Excellence and/or product team(s).
- Drive team presentation strategy within Tulip’s platform of products through creative scripting, story creation, KPI tracking, and customer usage development.
- Work with the Sales Engineer to maintain the sales demo environment(s).
What you bring:
- 3+ years of applicable work experience – Pre-Sales experience having mastered pre-sales and presentation methodologies.
- Advanced understanding of pre-sales presentation methodologies including a history of personal performance and the ability to efficiently coach and influence across pre-sales and sales teams.
- Exception presentation skills, capable of delivering clear and engaging presentations to diverse audiences of any size.
- Experience with technical solutions; specialist in some areas – Define based on pillars
- Retail experience preferred with a first-hand understanding of retail operations culture, process, and strategies.
- Base knowledge of and/or all of the following: point of sale, clienteling, retail fulfillment, communication, scheduling, and retail analytics.
- Situational awareness, creativity, innovation, adaptability and flexibility are all a must.
- Strong objection-handling abilities.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- High level of autonomy and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent business acumen and a consultative approach to managing opportunities and challenges.
- Comfortable working autonomously.
- Willingness to travel
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- Embraced remote culture! Work remotely, permanently, and full-time.
- Ability for employees in many roles to choose to work a 4½ or 4-day week.
- A “workcation” benefit that’ll let you work reduced hours in order to extend your vacations
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision-makers and career-building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup-style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.