WordPress Customer Success Manager
Uncanny Owl Inc.
At Uncanny Owl, we help small businesses build world-class elearning and automation solutions for WordPress. Over 50,000 websites use our products to deliver great elearning and no-code automations.
As Customer Success Manager, you'll be responsible for managing and resolving support requests from customers of our 8 WordPress elearning and automation plugins. You will work with our support and development teams to ensure the successful and timely resolution of requests that can often be quite complex.
To be considered for this position, you must have significant expertise with WordPress and supporting WordPress plugins.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience managing a support team for one or more WordPress products with at least 10,000 installs
- 3+ years of experience configuring, troubleshooting and/or developing with WordPress and WordPress plugins
- A strong command of WordPress best practices and plugins
- Strong comprehension of HTML and CSS
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- A history of working on WordPress projects with WordPress developers
- A typing speed of over 60 WPM
Bonus points if you have experience with any of our plugins, LearnDash or integration tools (e.g. Zapier, Integromat, IFTTT, etc.).
- Ownership of the Uncanny Owl help desk and customer support experience
- Triage of incoming support tickets throughout the day assignment to appropriate team members
- Ensuring tickets are resolved in a timely manner
- Maintaining our 90% happiness rating
- Creating and implementing effective help desk processes and workflows
- Managing the support team and developers with fluctuating workloads
- Answering presales questions by leveraging your extensive knowledge of WordPress plugins and best practices
- Troubleshooting issues that don't require developer support
- Coaching and onboarding team members, including other support staff and developers
- Testing issues and fixes locally
- Communicating with the team using online chat, video and audio channels
This job is a full time (35 hour weekly) position. While hours are somewhat flexible, most should be worked when the rest of our team is online (between 9 AM and 4 PM Eastern Time).
Our team is based in Toronto but everyone works remotely. Candidates in Canada are preferred, but we are happy to consider people in other locations with the right skill set.
What we offer
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health expense benefits for full-time Canadian employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – Canada, Argentina, India, Pakistan, Russia and the Philippines.
- By supporting Uncanny Automator you get the opportunity to deep-dive into the entire WordPress plugin ecosystem and beyond, instead of being confined to a single WordPress plugin.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
How to Apply?
Please submit your application below. Make sure you answer all interview questions; applicants with missing answers will be disqualified.
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out. The ability to communicate in a clear and friendly manner is essential to this position. We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates will be asked to do a customer support challenge. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
Something looks off?