We are looking for a skilled Business Analyst to join our team for a contract employment period of 6-12 months, with the possibility of extension or permanent employment. This is a hybrid role, where the successful candidate will be working 2-3 days per week from the client's location in Toronto.
The incumbent will be responsible for gathering detailed business/technical requirements, and documenting Current State and Future State business process maps. In this role, the candidate also works on projects with various stakeholders, including Customer Care, Finance, Engineering, Construction, Procurement, Operations, etc.
What will you do?
Document Business Requirements & Create Process Maps:
- Gather and document detailed business/technical requirements using structured techniques and methodologies
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners and end-user representatives
- Work with IT and other business units to validate the business requirements as well as current state processes
- Create and present functional and/or technical designs including data analysis to business and/or technical teams, and gather feedback to influence solution design and approach
- Work with technical and non-technical teams to document current and future states of business processes, analyze gaps, identify risks and opportunities
- Prepare process maps using MS Visio and MS PowerPoint
- Proactively update the Project Lead and Project Manager on the status of tasks and timelines
- Accountable for the timely delivery of projects as per established roadmaps by working closely with the business teams
- Participate in end-to-end implementation planning including, issue management, communication and change management
Presentation Slides & Training
- Prepare business presentations and reports in MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Prepare training documentation
- Create test cases and execute Test cases and UAT test scripts
- Manage and coordinate UAT testing with end-users, including obtaining user acceptance signoff
- Manage and coordinate SIT testing with solution architects and developers
- Research and identify industry trends (relative to the scope of responsibility), leveraging ideas to improve or better align IT systems and services.
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5+ years of Business Analysis experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience preparing as-is process documentation, to-be process documentation, and performing detailed gap analysis
- Requirement gathering, good workshop facilitator, good communication, writing good document (user stories, functional requirements, training materials)
- Logical, attentive to detail and good work ethic
- Familiar with Web and Content Management platform
- Familiar with the customer experience and general UI/UX concept
- Familiar with the AODA concept
- Familiar with waterfall and agile concept
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner tailored to the appropriate audience, including both verbal and written communications
- Ability to work collaboratively within a business unit team
- Must have experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Must have experience in creating test cases and conducting UAT/SIT
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in the utility industry (nice to have)
We offer a competitive salary, attractive benefits, and great people to collaborate with. If this job sounds perfect for you, please apply.