Supply Chain Specialist
Voltera is a rapidly scaling technology company that has been driving change in the additive electronics industry since 2013. Our tools help the world’s most innovative minds solve previously unsolvable problems. Our customers, across the board, are changing the way we think about electronics and its applications.
Our flagship product, the V-One, is a multi-functional desktop PCB printer that was designed for rapid prototyping and education in traditional, rigid electronics.
Our newest product, NOVA, is the world’s first direct-write printer for soft, flexible, and stretchable electronics. It’s designed to push the limits of what’s possible, bridging the gap between what we can do and what we wish we could do with electronics.
We’re a tight-knit company looking for ambitious, talented individuals. We value the importance of team culture, and strive to create a work environment where you feel empowered through knowledge, supported by your colleagues, passionate about your work, and motivated to drive the growth of the company.
About the Job
- Analyze data and trends to optimize supply chain performance and efficiency
- Use ERP systems and other software tools to monitor inventory levels, track orders, and generate reports
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to ensure timely delivery and quality of products and services
- Identify and resolve any issues or problems that may arise in the supply chain process
- Implement and maintain best practices and standards for supply chain management
- Conduct research and analysis to identify new opportunities and strategies for improvement
- Work with suppliers to resolve quality issues and defects, and ensure compliance with quality standards and specifications
- Coordinate and conduct periodic inventory counts and audits, and reconcile any discrepancies or variances
- Coordinating the supply and flow of materials between warehouses and contract manufacturers, and optimize transportation and distribution costs
- Evaluate and monitor supplier performance and contracts, and provide feedback and recommendations for improvement
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and documentation of all supply chain activities and transactions
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in materials management or equivalent
- Experience working with ERP systems and other supply chain software tools
- Knowledge of supply chain principles, concepts, and methodologies
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves
- General understanding of accounting
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and/or the ability to read technical drawings (mechanical, electrical and assembly)
- Experience working with offshore suppliers is considered an asset
- Experience with NetSuite is considered an asset
- Achieved or working towards CSCP or CPIM
Why We’re Awesome
- We’re a scaling company - you’re hired to have a voice, not to be a cog
- Three weeks vacation to start
- Flexible work hours
- Family-friendly work culture
- Collaborative work environment
If this sounds like a good fit, reach out! We’d love to hear from you.
Voltera is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and diversity. Voltera does not discriminate based on race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offenses, marital status, family status, disability or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, or require recruitment documents in a different format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.