Marketing Manager, Campaigns & Partnerships
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
As a Marketing Manager – Campaigns & Partnerships, you will develop and execute strategic marketing initiatives in collaboration with both internal and external partners to grow WEBTOON’s brand awareness, drive user acquisition and increase social media conversations. You will execute integrated marketing campaigns optimizing and tracking the performance for most desirable results. This is an essential role driving key business KPIs on the Digital & Partnerships team. You have a good mix of skills including an ability to understand a variety of partnerships and their value propositions and a desire to excel growth of our business.
What you'll be doing:
- Ideate, develop, and execute strategic integrated marketing plans in collaboration with both internal and external partners, including brands, agencies, talents, and non-profits, to achieve core marketing KPIs, which include driving user acquisition and engagements, increasing brand awareness and affinity and supporting revenue growth.
- Proactively identify and assess strategic marketing opportunities and create strong pitch decks with clear promotional benefits and objectives for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Own and operate synergy marketing programs with WEBTOON affiliates and internal partners.
- Own and lead implementation of partnership projects by collaborating with key internal stakeholders and partners to ensure success.
- Manage and execute brand and IP campaigns with a large group of stakeholders and partners by working closely with Senior Campaign Manager.
- Develop best-in-class partnership management and tracking to optimize ROI and inform future partnership and synergy program.
- Monitor and track success metrics to adjust and adapt the plan during campaigns.
- Proactively ideate, research and pitch new marketing initiatives to achieve key business KPIs
Who we're looking for:
- 5+ years of multidisciplinary experience in marketing (required) - entertainment experience preferred
- Experience in partnerships and business development is a plus
- Proven Project/Budget Management Skills
- Ability to successfully write and develop marketing plans
- Succeeds in working independently, managing multiple projects, working under pressure, and adapting to sudden changes in the work environment
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and achieve goals through others including the diplomacy skills to manage collaborative workstreams across functions and internal teams
- Demonstrated ability to drive for resolution and results in complex situations
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Showcases strong verbal, written, presentation, and the ability to distill complex issues and detailed analysis
- Quick learner on tools and processes and mix of analytic and commercial acumen
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships
- A self-starter and work with minimal direction.
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!