People Partner (HRBP)
People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
We’re looking for a hands-on People Partner to join WEBTOON’s HR shared services center, supporting our array of brands across publishing and entertainment including, Wattpad, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, and YONDER. You’ll apply your deep HR expertise and empathetic approach to partner with our managers in executing HR initiatives including talent acquisition, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and performance management. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to directly impact our wider business, while supporting your own designated client base.
Learn more about the WEBTOON family of brands here: https://company.wattpad.com/jobs
**This is a 12-month contract opportunity.**
- Foster strong relationships with leaders, developing action plans and helping to steward the organization through accountability; Collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies
- Assist Talent Partner with full-cycle recruiting, including sourcing, scheduling, interviewing , and managing the candidate experience.
- Understand business goals while designing, implementing and enhancing new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development
- Manage complex Employee Relations issues; may be required to administer and execute tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, mediating disputes, and conducting terminations.
- Work closely with our Talent Partner to ensure continuity in our overall talent management system, considering future talent needs, retention, DEI, and succession planning
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Align and collaborate with our Employee Experience & Engagement team on learning opportunities and managerial training to facilitate internal development opportunities for employees.
- Engage with our Total Rewards team to periodically review and enhance existing fringe benefits
- Maintain compliance with employment laws, regulations, and recommended best practices; Reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance including partnering with legal when required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years as a Human Resources Generalist in increasingly responsible roles, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience as a talent partner to leaders, with the ability to understand role requirements and translate them to finding and hiring talented people;
- Excellent stakeholder management and experienced in developing good work relationships across the organization
- Demonstrated change management and project management capabilities
- Strong judgment and experience in Employee Relations and workplace investigations
- Understanding of recruitment best practices and familiarity with nurturing talent pipelines
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, agile environment and apply good judgment to resolve problems
- Skilled HR professional with business acumen, client service orientation, and drive
- Ability to set up and track relevant metrics and KPIs and use them to drive business results
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, HR Systems, Applicant Tracking Systems, and LinkedIn Recruiter
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!