Executive Assistant, Bilingual Korean-English
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
We’re looking for a bright, highly organized, and self-motivated individual to provide executive support and manage office operations. You will play a pivotal role in maintaining the efficiency and productivity of our workplace while providing essential support to our executives. Your responsibilities will encompass a variety of administrative, organizational, and communication tasks to facilitate the seamless functioning of our team. The ideal candidate will be proactive, detail-oriented, and adept at handling a wide range of tasks to ensure smooth operations and support for our executives and office environment.
**This is an on-site opportunity to work from our Los Angeles headquarters office.**
Executive Support Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to four Executives, including calendar management, booking internal/external meetings, and organizing all related logistics including travel arrangements and managing expenses
- Act as a liaison between the executive team and internal/external stakeholders, managing emails, calls, and correspondence on behalf of executives
- Schedule and coordinate board meetings and off-site leadership team meetings as necessary
- Prepare materials and notes for key meetings, facilitating efficient cross-org communication
- Prepare confidential documentation
- Attend and take notes during meetings and circulate them to relevant team members in a timely manner
- Perform research and information gathering
- Approaching every interaction, challenge and proposed solution with an inclusive mindset
Office Management Responsibilites
- Provide excellent customer service as the first point of contact onsite for employees, affiliates, and visitors, while adhering to office security procedures
- Oversee day-to-day office operations, including managing office supplies, equipment, and coordinating maintenance and repairs
- Complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Collaborate with facilities personnel to ensure a clean, safe, and productive office space, addressing any issues that may arise promptly
- Manage IT asset inventory, delivery, and retrieval from employees and external repair vendor, and spearhead maintenance for office equipment, including computers and copy machines
- Assist in planning and organizing company events, conferences, and meetings, ensuring all logistical details are executed flawlessly
- Fulfill other duties, as needed
- Experience providing administrative support in a corporate environment
- Strong fluency in English and Korean; must have both business and conversational proficiency
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Suite and MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, capable of multitasking and prioritizing across multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handles sensitive information responsibly
- The ability to anticipate, exercise initiative, troubleshoot, and solve problems on the fly
- High energy, friendly, professional demeanor, with a strong desire to help and support others
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!