Motion Designer (Freelance)
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
We are looking for an exceptional freelance Motion Designer to support WEBTOON’s growing Creative team. The right candidate can create relevant and breakthrough advertising content to promote our series and characters across borders. This unique opportunity offers the chance to work closely with the US Advertising, Social, and Content teams as well as our partners in Korea. You will develop and execute video campaigns that are relatable and engage a broad audience across multiple digital channels. This role combines concept development and production in a fast-paced environment. This will be someone who possesses superior animation, design and typography skills, and can work alone as well as collaborate with other team members on large scale projects.
**This is a remote, 6-month freelance contract opportunity**
What You'll Do
- Work with the Creative Directors to create visuals and motion for social and digital advertising content to drive WEBTOON user acquisition and retention.
- This is a hands-on role. You will be owning projects from pitch to production to delivery.
- Use your superior animation and directorial skills to raise the bar on motion and video work at WEBTOON.
- Elevate WEBTOON’s characters and series by creating breakthrough visual treatments that are culturally relevant, on-trend, and resonate with target audiences.
- Understand digital ad products and placements and make channel-specific visuals that embody best practices for each platform.
- Stay on top of regional industry/advertising trends, as well as WEBTOON fan culture.
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in a creative agency, production company, or In-house creative animating multi-channel campaigns.
- You are an After Effects Master with proficiency in other Adobe Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere) and other professional VFX or animation software.
- You are a self-starter who equally enjoys working with minimal supervision as well as collaborating closely with teammates and business partners.
- You are passionate about comics, gaming, WEBTOON, animation, entertainment or all of the above!
- As a plus, you have video production and/or video editing experience as well.
- You are action-oriented and adaptable to changes in priorities or schedule.
- You have a proven record of bringing your and others’ ideas to life in motion and film.
- You’re a good teammate who communicates effectively, brings positive vibes and makes creative from the heart—not the ego.
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!