Product Policy Liaison
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
The Product Policy Liaison will assist with our platform and policy research efforts for content and user safety. As part of the Brand Safety team at WEBTOON, you will join a team of trust and safety professionals dedicated to maintaining user and platform safety through research, policy, and advocacy. You must be detail-oriented, visual, and self-motivated, with strong verbal and written communications skills. Bilingual in Korean required.
- Work with Product teams to advocate and build platform tools and features for user safety, and serve as project manager for Brand Safety team in tracking product development timelines and compliance requirements
- Support the development and implementation strategy of our trust and safety policies for existing and new product features.
- Partner with internal stakeholders in developing and refining policies to improve creator and reader experience
- Assist with a broad set of activities that support policy development and implementation in the company for platform campaigns and events
- Education: B.A./B.S. in related fields
- 5+ years' experience in trust and safety, with experience working with product teams
- Bilingual in Korean required
- Strong proficiency with technology and online project management systems: JIRA, GitHub, SharePoint, MS Office, Airtable
- Culturally aware of trends and pop culture in United States
- Interested in content policy, compliance, and/or internet governance
- Must have experience working with multicultural company
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!