Ad Sales Consultant
Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
WEBTOON is a premium publisher and a beloved media platform for global brands in many countries. Currently, we are planning to expand our presence even further in the US. As a key player in the web-comic industry, WEBTOON has its own ad inventories of ordinary Display Ads, Rewarded Video, and our own-made Offerwall product. Additionally, WEBTOON has very distinctive storytelling ad products, such as Branded Webtoon or Branded Epilogue Story, which collaborate with our own original creators. As an Ad Sales Consultant, your goal is to help WEBTOON gain a better understanding of the needs of the US market, establish a direct sales team, and connect WEBTOON with the right partners.
**This is a project-based 4-6 month contract opportunity, where business travel nationwide is required.**
- Support WEBTOON's sales team in driving sales growth strategies and help design the team and workflow in the US.
- Provide insights about the US local advertising market, including current market trends, the US local market standard, and the best approach to penetrate the market as a niche vertical media.
- Diagnose WEBTOON's current ad product and provide insights on developing or localizing ad products according to US market trends.
- Connect key-players of US local media-buying agencies to WEBTOON and arrange a media session or media roadshow with the agencies.
- Connect with the main strategic verticals of clients of WEBTOON, including Gaming, Streaming Platforms, Entertainment, and any other verticals that would fit for WEBTOON, and network with them through a media session.
- Cover the US nationwide from West to East, finding and searching for key players to network and introduce WEBTOON. Business trips required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- More than 15 years of experience in digital advertising industries, including media-buying agencies and publishers.
- Substantial understanding of the US local digital advertising market and a keen sense of media/product trends.
- Communicative and extroverted attitude with a positive mindset.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills in both large and small groups.
- The more existing network within the market, the better.
- Experience in ad-sales job at a major ad-tech company or other content/entertainment service (not limited to web-comic).
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!