Senior Director, People & Culture
People & HR, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
We believe small businesses are at the heart of our communities, and championing them is worth fighting for. We empower small business owners to manage their finances fearlessly, by offering the simplest, all-in-one financial management solution they can't live without.
About the People & Culture team:
The People & Culture (P&C) team are responsive and adaptive folks who are passionate about fostering Wave’s inclusive and award-winning culture and are true company ambassadors who understand our Wavers can’t do their jobs if we don’t do ours. We challenge each other’s thinking and are continuously looking to solve problems collaboratively, while always prioritizing the employee experience.
About the role:
The Senior Director, People & Culture will be a self-motivated leader who has a strong background in handling the day-to-day and strategic elements of Human Resources. Reporting to and working closely with the CPO, the Senior Director will strategically lead and make operational decisions on various People & Culture functions including HR procedures and policies, talent management, total rewards, and performance management.
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated ability to lead, create, and implement a People & Culture strategy in tandem with larger business goals and strategies. They will be a hands-on relationship builder charged with engaging team members and building a great culture.
The position is based in Toronto, Canada. Wave operates a hybrid working model and this position is expected to be in the office 1-2 days per week.
Here's how you'll make a difference:
- People & Culture Strategy: Influence and align with the CPO and the P&C team on functional strategy, quarterly projects, and key metrics to ensure alignment between the team and the business.
- Business Partner: Lead the Business Partnering team toward the achievement of business outcomes, and delivery of strategies to strengthen employee engagement and retention.
- Employee Support: Acting as a resource and coach for people managers across functions, regarding employee-related programs, processes, and questions.
- Policy: Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Total Rewards: Advise and help develop Wave’s total rewards strategies with a focus on both intrinsic and extrinsic rewards.
- Team Growth: Act as a coach in the development and growth of the P&C team, overseeing team performance, L&D, and engagement.
These will help you succeed:
- Post-Secondary Education in Human Resources or a related field, a CHRL designation is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in HR/People Operations, including at least 4 years in a managerial role.
- Strong project and change management experience.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to take concepts and express them concisely and effectively for all levels across the organization.
- Up-to-date knowledge of trending HR programs and industry best practices.
- Experience in building healthy, diverse, and inclusive work cultures.
- Experience shaping the talent growth strategy of an evolving company.
- Experience developing metrics and measures to evaluate programs.
At Wave, you’re treated like the incredible human being you are.
Work From Where You Work Best: We will always have a welcoming, energizing, and world-class office (in Toronto) with a space for you. Or, if you’re more comfortable working from home, the choice is yours.
We Care About Future You: You will stretch yourself and you will grow at Wave. You will also be supported on this journey with diverse learning experiences, educational allowances, mentorship, and so much more.
We Support the Full You: We make a serious investment in your health & wellness. When we think about benefits we think about body, mind, & soul and we take this stuff very seriously.
We Take Care of the Fundamentals: Fair compensation, all the office perks you’d want, and the various goodies you’d expect from a growing tech company. This is the obvious stuff, but we don’t want you to think we forgot!
We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture creates the best workplace. We embrace our differences, value individuality, and the broad spectrum of every Waver's skills and abilities. We challenge each other from a place of respect and pursuit of continuous growth. We trust each other and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, everyday. As Wavers, our voices matter, our opinions are met with an open mind. The best ideas win, no matter whose they are. Contributing to an inclusive culture is a part of all of our job descriptions.
We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada’s Great Places to Work in categories including Technology, Millennials, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women.
Are you ready to be a Waver? Join us!
See more open positions at Wave
Something looks off?