Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
We believe small businesses are at the heart of our communities, and championing them is worth fighting for. We empower small business owners to manage their finances fearlessly, by offering the simplest, all-in-one financial management solution they can't live without.
About the Team:
The Wave Advisors team partners with small business owners in managing their books and making more time for them to focus on what matters most - their business! The team acts as a trusted advisor by providing coaching, bookkeeping and tax services to small business owners to help them manage their finances.
Wave Advisors launched Coaching as a new Professional Services business line in early 2018. It’s a fast-growing service offering and we are looking to accelerate growth even more. We’re looking for you to do just that!
About the Role:
Reporting to the Accounting Coach Lead, you will partner up with a portfolio of business owners, and guide them towards successful use of Wave’s Accounting product. You will be an important piece of a team that’s helping great customers get an even better experience.
In your role, you will provide business owners with the information and confidence they need to run their businesses in Wave. Using a screen sharing platform, you will host one-to-one virtual meetings to coach business owners through performing their bookkeeping, and help them achieve their desired outcome with the software.
Here's how you will make an impact:
- You can balance the needs of your Entrepreneurs and help them be successful.
- Communicating with and partnering with Entrepreneurs while collaborating with your Team is what this role is all about.
- An active listener, you’re customer-focused and capable of building quick and earnest rapport with prospective clients. You’re able to quickly identify their needs and position the value of our services in a relevant way. You then deliver with excellence in a way tailored to your customers.
- Leverage your interest in accounting to partner with business owners on their accounting. We will teach you everything you need to know, but having an interest in accounting will help you succeed and motivate your clients.
- You take initiative and work towards outstanding results. You have a positive attitude and a desire to grow and excel in everything you do.
You'll thrive here if you have:
- Education in Finance, Accounting, or Business. We need you to be able to grow accounting confidence in the business owners that you partner with; past experience with accounting is a plus. Whether you got that through education or experience is up to you.
- Knowledge or familiarity with Wave. Our customers use Wave (and so will you). Bookkeeping in Wave and helping business owners navigate through our apps is an important part of this role.
- Working experience with small businesses. You understand that a photographer might be super passionate about photography - that’s why they opened their business; not because they’re accounting or finance experts. Working with small businesses and understanding their approach to their finances will help when you guide them through best bookkeeping and accounting practices.
At Wave, you’re treated like the incredible human being you are.
Work From Where You Work Best: We will always have a welcoming, energizing, and world-class office (in Toronto) with a space for you. Or, if you’re more comfortable working from home, the choice is yours.
We Care About Future You: You will stretch yourself and you will grow at Wave. You will also be supported on this journey with diverse learning experiences, educational allowances, mentorship, and so much more.
We Support the Full You: We make a serious investment in your health & wellness. When we think about benefits we think about body, mind, & soul and we take this stuff very seriously.
We Take Care of the Fundamentals: Fair compensation, all the office perks you’d want, and the various goodies you’d expect from a growing tech company. This is the obvious stuff, but we don’t want you to think we forgot!
We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture creates the best workplace. We embrace our differences, value individuality, and the broad spectrum of every Waver's skills and abilities. We challenge each other from a place of respect and pursuit of continuous growth. We trust each other and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, everyday. As Wavers, our voices matter, our opinions are met with an open mind. The best ideas win, no matter whose they are. Contributing to an inclusive culture is a part of all of our job descriptions.
We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada’s Great Places to Work in categories including Technology, Millennials, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women.
Are you ready to be a Waver? Join us!