Back-End Developer - Java
BrainBox AI utilizes self-adapted artificial intelligence technology to proactively optimize the energy consumption of one of the largest climate change contributors: Buildings.
Our AI engine supports a self-operating building that requires no human intervention. Using deep learning, cloud-based computing, and our proprietary process, our solution autonomously optimizes existing Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) control systems for maximum impact on energy consumption.
An exciting opportunity awaits the right candidate to join our Multi-Site Retail Server team, working on our Envoy Server, which supervises the operation of thousands of buildings. We need you to help with our transition from on-premise to cloud positioning, and to engineer tight integration between the Envoy Server and the Brainbox AI cloud.
What you will do
- Contribute to the design of server improvements
- Part of a team adding features and capabilities to our existing server, including transition from on-premise to cloud deployment.
- Write effective scalable code
- Help maintenance of the existing server code
- Improve functionality of existing systems
- Test and debug programs
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or any other related field.
- 3+ years of work experience as a back-end or full-stack developer
- Solid Java programming experience.
- Good knowledge of software engineering concepts and strategies
- Knowledge of all or part of the stack you will play with, including Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, MQTT
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming
- Good knowledge of database/SQl
Why work at BrainBox AI
- Cool Environment | Collaborative Culture | Growth Opportunities |
- Make a significant impact on the world - join the fight against climate change
- Be a part of a revolutionary technology movement
- Collaborate with innovative, out-of-the-(Brain) box thinkers in a fast-paced environment
- Work with amazing people who truly have a passion in the work they do
At BrainBox AI, we are committed to providing an inclusive work environment. We value the diversity of our team and we strongly believe in the power of people. We foster a safe space for our employees to thrive regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and religion.