Financial Controller / Contrôleur ou contrôleuse des finances
BrainBox AI utilizes self-adapted artificial intelligence technology to proactively optimize the energy consumption of one of the largest climate change contributors: Buildings. Our AI engine supports a self-operating building that requires no human intervention. Using deep learning, cloud-based computing, and our proprietary process, our solution autonomously optimizes existing Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) control systems for maximum impact on energy consumption. The company also owns a division that sells and manages installations of HVAC and lighting control systems to multi-retailers as they open new stores, as well as replacement units as required. The equipment is connecting directly to HVAC, power, lighting, occupancy, and utilities controls and monitor over 12,000 retail stores.
An exciting opportunity awaits the right candidate to be part of a fast-growing company. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Controller will be responsible for all accounting activities. You will play a strategic role on the finance team that will help BrainBox AI continue to grow and you will participate on projects that will make a real impact.
What you will do
- Plan, manage and coordinate all accounting and operational finance functions
- Manage day-to-day finance operations including order-to-cash and procure-to-pay cycles
- Responsible of month-end close and to review supporting documentation and reconciliation performed by the team
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements and mandatory reporting to different stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with GAAP or other recognized accounting principles
- Perform financial analysis and respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion
- Responsible of year-end audit process and to coordinate activities with external auditors
- Contribute in improving and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and efficiency
- Review all inter-company transactions and generate related invoices as necessary
- Oversee regulatory reporting and tax compliance
- Assist in corporate tax activities and prepare requested documentations to external advisors
- Coordinate the annual Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SRED) tax credit claims, E-Business tax credit claims and other subsidy claims
- Participate to mergers and acquisitions projects and business integrations
- Exercise leadership in the finance team and in the company
What you will need to be successful
- CPA certification
- 7+ years of experience in accounting/finance function, including proven experience as an accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant.
- In-depth understanding of IFRS
- Advanced Excel skills, proficiency with rest of Microsoft Office suite and accounting software;
- ERP/Accounting system implementation experience (an asset)
- Experience in a start-up and/or SaaS environment (an asset);
- Experience in a multi-jurisdiction / multi-company / multi-currency environment;
- Experience with corporate level taxation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (French and English);
- Strong analytical, organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail;
- Team player with a positive attitude who works well in a fast-paced environment.
Why work at BrainBox AI
- Cool Environment | Collaborative Culture | Growth Opportunities |
- Make a significant impact on the world - join the fight against climate change
- Be a part of a revolutionary technology movement
- Collaborate with innovative, out-of-the-(Brain) box thinkers in a fast-paced environment
- Work with amazing people who truly have a passion in the work they do
At BrainBox AI, we are committed to providing an inclusive work environment. We value the diversity of our team and we strongly believe in the power of people. We foster a safe space for our employees to thrive regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and religion.