Energy and Sustainability Intern
BrainBox AI utilizes self-adapted artificial intelligence technology to proactively optimize the energy consumption of one of the largest climate change contributors: Buildings. Our AI engine supports a self-operating building that requires no human intervention. Using deep learning, cloud-based computing, and our proprietary process, our solution autonomously optimizes existing Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) control systems for maximum impact on energy consumption.
BrainBox AI is looking for Power Tagging Intern for the Energy and Sustainability team to join our dynamic team for the Fall 2023/Winter2024 term.
What you will do:
- Understand the HVAC system of a building as well as energetic grid architecture and energy efficiency.
- Support the creation of our Virtual meters by incorporating building power consumption data into our data models
- Publish the Virtual Meter data after doing extensive data reviews and bill comparisons
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports and performance indicators
What you will need to be succesful:
- On-going Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, building engineering, or technical degree in related field
- Previous exposure to different building HVAC equipment (familiar with the types of HVAC equipment found in buildings) is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve quickly
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and work independently (with team support when necessary)
- Ability to quickly adapt to the use of new tools to enhance the efficiency of certain tasks
- Excellent communication skills
Why work at BrainBox AI
- Cool Environment | Collaborative Culture | Growth Opportunities |
- Make a significant impact on the world - join the fight against climate change
- Be a part of a revolutionary technology movement
- Collaborate with innovative, out-of-the-(Brain) box thinkers in a fast-paced environment
- Work with amazing people who truly have a passion in the work they do
At BrainBox AI, we are committed to providing an inclusive work environment. We value the diversity of our team and we strongly believe in the power of people. We foster a safe space for our employees to thrive regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and religion.