Google Cloud Architect (Platform Services)
We are expanding our team of motivated technologists with a proven track record of delivering results in technology consulting. Specifically looking for a GCP Cloud Architect who's passionate about helping customers build applications at scale. Being an experienced technologist with technical depth and breadth, aided with strong interpersonal skills, you will work directly with customers as part of a professional services delivery team helping to enable innovation through continuous delivery across technology stacks and creating robust solution designs that align to business goals.
Your insight and experience will help our delivery teams build architectures and provide prescriptive guidance across network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, security, and automation. In addition, you will work with mid-tier technologies that include application integration, in-memory caches, security, and much more.
The qualified GCP Cloud Architect will have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about businesses, create technical definitions around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate & mobilize resources, and deliver results. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is a critical component to be successful in this role.
We seek team members who are self-motivated, driven, collaborative, passionate about Google Cloud and want to have a direct positive impact on our customer's business. Strong communication skills and emotional intelligence are also needed to help develop a team reporting to you. What you'll be doing *
As the GCP Cloud Architect, you will be technically focused but also will understand and implement business planning.
Be the technical liaison between customers and engineering resources * Provide tactical scope and work directly with the business representatives/customers to understand the requirements driving the need for a solution to be developed.
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical colleagues throughout the course of the project
- Ensure that all the appropriate questions are asked and verify that nothing crucial to the success of the project is overlooked
- Be a Google Cloud evangelist by educating a variety of customers on the value of GCP
- Help customers transition to the cloud in a high-value migration approach that leverages best of breed designs and practices delivered in an agile model
- Work with customers to enable a DevOps culture and modernize operations and release strategies
- Establish credibility and build impactful relationships with our customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new, or migrating existing, applications, software and services on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Conduct deep-dive "hands-on" education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers interested in GCP and to ensure our SAs are up to date
- Traveling up to 25% of the time (When traveling continues) Requirements * 5+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
- In depth understanding and professional experience with GCP services and infrastructure
- "Hands on" experience with practices and services related to Automation, IaC and DevOps
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT management, and developers
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations * Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly Nice to have
- 3+ years' of experience architecting/operating solutions built on GCP (ideally) or AWS/Azure
- Technical degree; Computer Science or related * Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect certification and/or other Google Cloud certifications